Forth Ports was established in 1967 as a Port Authority and through continued investment and acquisitions we have grown to be the 3rd largest port operator in the UK. We employ over 1000 full time employees and handled over 41m tonnes of cargo in 2017. We are freehold land owners of all our ports and when combining the port operations of loading and discharging vessel and land based services we can provide a truly portcentric solution to all cargo types, which benefits the customer, local and UK economies while driving environmental improvements within the supply chain.
We own and operate 8 commercial ports: Port of Tilbury (London), Forth Ports Grangemouth, Forth Ports Dundee, Forth Ports Leith (Edinburgh), Forth Ports Rosyth, Forth Ports Methil, Forth Ports Burntisland and Forth Ports Kirkcaldy. Our 8 ports are located within close proximity to the major economic cities of England and Scotland.
In addition to the commercial ports we also provide an important service as the river authority for the Firth of Forth and the River Tay. Our marine department (FTNS) manages and operates an area of 280 square miles of navigable waters, including two specialised marine terminals for oil and gas exports. The department delivers a consistent high level of service in ships handling, pilotage, navigation, conservancy and towage. FTNS also manages and operates two specialised marine terminals for oil and gas exports.