Skilltrade specializes in hydrographic training and courses for the hydrographic survey, dredging and offshore construction industry since 2000. Courses and training developed by people who gained their experience in the field and taught by those same individuals. The heart of the company is that the skills its people possess can be traded or exchanged with others, thus improving their hydrographic knowledge and understanding.
Skilltrade can provide courses and training in five areas by combining theoretical with field experience material:
1. Hydrographic Survey Category B course - Full Hydrographic Survey curriculum encompassing all basic and essential competencies of the Hydrographic Surveyor as defined by the FIG/IMO/ICA International Advisory Board on Standards of Competence for Hydrographic Surveyors for a Category B Course. The course has been officially recognised as such on the 1st July 2008. We offer an intense course, a 13 week course in IJmuiden (including 1 week Safety training) preceded by a 13 weeks e-learning programme. The course is fully intertwined with visits, workshops and guest lecturers from companies that support the curriculum.
2. Introductory and generals courses in hydrography, land survey, positioning and mathematics, depth sensors, motion sensors, survey sensors, underwater acoustics, offshore construction and earth sciences. Advanced courses in Geophysical sensors, ROV sensors or electronic trouble shooting.
3. Support to in-house training programs with respect to Hydrography and Underwater techniques.
4. Basic Electronics Course for Hydrographic Surveyors
5. E-learning Modules: Mathematics (Kahn university), Physics (Kahn university), Bathymetry (Skilltrade), Geodesy (Skilltrade), Global Navigation Satellite Systems(Skilltrade). Skilltrade provides guidance and assistance. Every module comprises questions and tasks that are to be carried out by the student.
Furthermore Skilltrade publishes the 3 volume Handbook of Offshore Surveying and the GPS Handbook for professional GPS users. Please visit our bookstore at http://skilltrade.nl/bookstore for more information on these books.
For more information please visit our website www.skilltrade.nl or contact Johan Stam by telephone, +31(0) 71 5611365. Or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .